Meals on Wheels
Our daily hot meal program is served between 11:00am and 12:30pm Monday to Friday, and is available on both a short-term and long-term basis to eligible clients:
- Seniors who are finding it challenging preparing their own meals
- Adults who are chronically ill
- Adults living with a disability
- Adults convalescing from surgery or illness
- Adults undergoing medical treatment
Why choose Meals on Wheels?
In addition to providing nutritious meals, this volunteer-based program assists members of the community to remain in their homes as an alternative to costly retirement or nursing residences. Daily visits from Meals on Wheels volunteers provide peace of mind and support to their loved ones and themselves.
Our Meals on Wheels program provides much more than nutritious meals to Ancaster residents - it keeps them connected to their community and supports ongoing personal independence. Hereâ€™s how it works.
A hot mid-day meal (prepared for by the City of Hamilton's Wentworth Lodge in Dundas) is delivered by volunteers Monday to Friday. The cost is $6.75 per meal and clients are invoiced at the end of every month. Meals can be delivered once a week or any combination of days. There is no weekend or holiday delivery.
Because meals are prepared at The Wentworth Lodge, most specialty diets (e.g. Diabetic) may be accommodated.
A regular Meals on Wheels delivery consists of:
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- Hot 10 oz serving of soup of the day
- Full course meal includes a meat, a vegetable(s), and a starch (pasta, potatoes or rice)